Our franchisees come from a wide range of different backgrounds - ranging from marketing professionals, accountants, professional sportspeople, teachers, engineers, graphic designers, veterinary nurses, call centre operatives, general managers, small business owners, IT consultants etc. We’re lucky to have a wide range of skills to draw from!
A background in football is obviously not essential, but a love of kids, and an interest in sport is of benefit.
The main characteristics our most successful franchisees share are:
- Enthusiasm: without exception our franchisees have a real passion for what they do.
- Perseverance: running your own business is not easy, and working from home can be lonely. Successful franchisees have the strength to keep going when faced with challenges, and to show determination.
- Strong communication skills: franchisees have to train and manage coaches, build working relationships with other franchisees and work with members of the Head Office team. The ability to communicate well is critical to the success of their business.
- Good administrative skills: whilst the bespoke Little Kickers IT system has been designed to minimize the day-to-day administration involved in running the business, attention to detail and strong IT skills are very useful in running a franchise.
- Fit and active: franchisees need to be able to train their coaches, and, whilst it is possible for a franchisee to take a backseat from the day-to-day coaching, they need to be able to step in at short notice in an emergency.